I am not a slave to pizza.
I literally started this cleanse yesterday and totally ruined it on the first day. Well, let me start here: For this cleanse you are supposed to ween off solid food, meat, coffee, alcohol, etc., a couple days before you begin the actual cleanse. So, basically, you are supposed to only eat fruit, veggies, soups and smoothies the days coming up to the cleanse to get your body used to having less heavy foods. The point of this cleanse is to give your body a break from having to digest heavy foods so much, so it can focus more on removing the toxins from your body.
Where I messed up was, well first I didn’t actually begin “weening” off food or alcohol. I had wine the night before along with my meal prepped fried rice dish and some sushi. I did end the night with the laxative tea that’s part of the cleanse, so that part was good. The next day I started the cleanse and my mom bought two large boxes of pizza for lunch. I was literally filming the master cleanse video for my YouTube channel, when she walked in to tell me this. Pizza is my weakness. There is leftover pizza upstairs right now that I can not stop thinking about.
The point of this cleanse for me is to stop craving so much junk food. Day 1 and I had already given into my cravings. Where is my will power? I started with two slices because there were two different kinds and then went back for another for absolutely no reason except that I liked the taste of it. I was full and still went back for another. The struggle is real. There was a time when my will power was stronger and I could be around people who made unhealthy food choices and be able to choose what I believed was best for me. Now I struggle with this. After my breakup I had stopped caring and decided food would be my comfort. Now, I’m trapped by this decision. It’s easy to give in to cravings, it’s hard to stay on a diet. That’s why I want to do this cleanse as a reset. I want to reset my body and get rid of whatever food my body has gotten so used to and begs from me all the time.
This master cleanse is a 10-40 day cleanse. I am only doing it for 10 days. And yes, yesterday counts. At least for me it does lol. During this cleanse I believe I will be tested. I already know I struggle with cravings and eat when I am not hungry. I know that it will make me “hangry” not being able to continue eating like I have been for the past year. I know I must build the inner strength in me to stay on track with this cleanse and see it through to the end. I know I messed up yesterday, but that does not mean that I should give up.
The Master Cleanse
- ½ Organic Lemon
- 8 Ounces of Purified Water
- 1/10 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Organic Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp of Sea Salt
- Laxative Tea
- (p.s. this recipe is for each serving)
- In a bowl or measuring cup, squeeze in half a lemon and remove any seeds.
- Pour in 8 ounces of purified water.
- Add in cayenne pepper and maple syrup.
- Mix well.
- Pour into an 8 ounce container for use. I used Dasani 355ml Water Bottles.
- You need to drink 6 of these a day, so make enough for a day or 2 and then repeat when they’re all done.
- The minimum is 10 days for this cleanse so, budget and prepare to have enough for this. I suggest only making enough for two days at a time to ensure the freshness of it.
Starting The Cleanse:
- In the morning drink 2 tsp of sea salt mixed with warm purified water. Drink this before consuming anything else. I prepare it the night before and place the glass next to my bed, so it’s the first thing I drink.
- Next, drink the 6 bottles of the cleanse drink throughout the entire day.
- Finally, at the end of the day the last thing you should consume is the laxative tea. I used Traditional Medicinals Organic Smooth Move
When starting the cleanse, ween off food and go on a more liquid diet a few days earlier. The problem with eating heavy foods right before the cleanse (or during the first day like I did) was that it gives you major cramps. Like bad! I woke up in the middle of the night with this terrible cramp in my stomach and it was not fun! I had actually watched How start the Master Cleanse YouTube Video with a woman explaining not to eat anything heavy before the cleanse because you will get bad cramps. I wish I had listened to her! Well, now I know for next time and am able to warn you as well!
I am also going to be making a YouTube video on the master cleanse as well as a vlog type video during my progress on this cleanse. So, make sure you subscribe to my channel so you don’t miss those videos: Janice Lal YouTube Channel
I’m excited about this cleanse and very hopeful that it will help me in many ways. They do say it helps with weight loss so that’s definitely an added bonus! It also helps with mental clarity and helping you to feel more energized and healthy! I can’t wait to see how I’ll feel by the end of this! If you know about this cleanse or have tried it, leave me a comment below. I’d love to hear what your experience was with it!
p.s. and remember, no matter what stage you are at in your journey,