I’ve been hearing a lot about Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) lately and have been hooked in by all the health benefits I’m learning about. It helps with weight loss, detoxifies your liver, helps your body absorb calcium for stronger bones, and much more! I’ve written in my last post (My Skin Issues) about how I’ve been using ACV for my skin. It’s really made a huge improvement in my acne scars and preventing new acne to come up. So, after weeks of this treatment I’ve decided that I want to start adding more ACV in to my diet as well.
Get Your Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Today:
My sister told me that Kourtney Kardashian drinks a glass of water mixed with a tablespoon of ACV every morning. ACV is high in acetic acid, so it needs to be slightly diluted before consumption. Though I did used to take a bottle cap shot of ACV before, I’m not really ready to start a new daily habit. I still struggle with remembering to take my vitamins every morning! I do know the benefits of actually consuming it rather than just rubbing it all over my face are high. So, that’s why I do want to take small steps into adding it to my diet.
That’s where this recipe comes in! I’ve been trying to eat a salad basically everyday for lunch or sometimes even dinner as my main course. My need with wanting to eat more raw veggies has combined with this ACV trend to create this new salad that I’m loving!
I did some research and experimentation to come up with this recipe. It combines spinach and cashews which I am obsessed with, so I hope you guys like it too! Also, I’m still on vacation in Cabo, so I don’t have my typical brands of products that I use or my non-colourful bowls lol.
Super Healthy ACV Spinach Salad Recipe:
For the Salad:
- Prewashed Organic Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup of Chopped Cashews
- 1/4 cup of Sunflower Seeds (I usually do pumpkin but couldn’t find them in Cabo)
- 1 Tbsp of Crumbled Feta
- Handful of Blueberries
- Handful of Sprouts
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- 1 Clove of Garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp of Organic Honey
- Let’s start with the dressing. First, finely mince the garlic.
- Then take all the ingredients and add it to a small bowl.
- Whisk vigorously until all combined.
- Let sit for about a minute to allow all the flavours to infuse together. This recipe makes enough to use on 2-3 single serving salads.
- Next, chop up the cashews however big or small you’d like them. Also, you don’t even have to chop them if you don’t want to. Whole cashews are just fine too.
- Take about two handfuls of the baby spinach and a handful of sprouts and add to a bowl.
- Add the blueberries, cashews and seeds into the bowl as well.
- Pour in about a third of the dressing you just made and toss the salad until salad is fully coated.
- Finally, sprinkle in the crumbled feta cheese and you’re done!
Try Organic Apple Cider Vinegar today:
I know I’ve added crumbled feta to my salad and that isn’t exactly Paleo… But, in my defense, cheese is so hard to say goodbye to! I know if I want that stubborn belly fat to go away, I will need to stop adding dairy to my meals once again… Also, I’m obsessed with spinach but am planning on expanding to other greens soon. I know I’ve made two spinach salad recipes back to back now, but that’s because I just love the taste of spinach! If you have any suggestions on some yummy salads I should try… Let me know in the comments below! Also, if you liked this salad let me know too! Is there anything you’d change or add to it?
p.s. and remember, no matter what stage you are in your journey,